Let me begin by saying thank you to all my new followers! I hope you enjoy.
This is just a quick post to talk about some fun alternative ideas for jams and preserves. When I am at Farmer’s MarketsI often get the comment “I don’t eat bread (or toast) so I have no need for jam” or something to that effect…
So here are eight alternative uses for jam and preserves:
1. Use them as an accompaniment on a cheese board.
2. Stir them into plain yogurt. No need to spend extra money on yogurt with added fruit! It also helps control the sugar amount since you put in as much or as little as you like.
3. Use them as an alternative to syrup to top your waffles, pancakes, or crepes.
4. Serve them with scones, croissants, or other decadent pastries.
5. Scoop them over ice cream!
6. Use them to make a pan sauce for grilled meat and vegetables.
7. Use them as the base of a vinaigrette.
8. Use as a cake filling. Spread between layers or mix with buttercream.
What is your favorite way to use jam or preserves? And what other ideas do you have?
Stay tuned – my next post will be looking at what to do with an assortment of berries from last season I found in the freezer!